Family Medicine (Geriatrics) Opportunity in Sunny Texas)
Position Start Date: 01/01/2018
Job Detail: TTUHSC El Paso and Tenet Healthcare are collaborating in an exciting opportunity to establish a new, 130 bed teaching hospital and Medical Office Building, which will serve undergraduate medical education, and future resident physicians. These positions are unique in that they have the feel of private practice, but in an academic setting.
The successful candidate in this position will be employed by TTUHSC El Paso at an academic rank commensurate with qualifications. The candidate will provide inpatient and outpatient care, provide teaching experiences for medical students from the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, as well as develop and deliver curriculum within the Family Medicine residency program. The candidate will participate in committees, scholarly activities within the Department, Medical School and University.
The position requires:
- M.D. / D.O.
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Successful completion of ACGME accredited Famiily Medicine residency program
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Geriatrics Fellowship program
- Must be BC/BE at time of hire
- Board certified in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Preferred
EEO Statement As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.