Family Medicine Residency P.D. at Growing Academic Institution in Texas
Position Start Date: Open Until Filled
TTUHSC El Paso and Tenet Healthcare collaborated in building a "New" teaching hospital and academic medical office building, which will serve students and future reisident physicians.
Position Description: The ideal candidate will provide consultations and clinical services in outpatient and inpatient settings. Collaborate with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education to lead the application process for establishment of a new residency program.
- Direct the planning, administration, and operation of the residency program for compliance with ACGME and RRC guidelines.
- Fulfill all duties and responsibilities of the program director as defined in RRC guidelines.
- Supervise residents and participate in teaching activities for medical students
- Participate in research and or scholarly activities in the department
- Participate in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
• M.D. / D.O.
• Licensed in Texas or eligible for medical Licensure in the State of Texas
• Board certification by the American Board of Family Medicine
• Qualifiy for a faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
• Minimum of 4 years of clinical experience in family medicine, with two years as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited family medicine residency program
• Prior experience in graduate medical education administration
• Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Demonstrated track record in research and peer-reviewed publications (for rank of Associate Professor or higher)
• Regionally or nationally recognized clinical expertise (for rank of Associate Professor or higher)
EEO Statement As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.