Interventional Cardiology Opportunity at Growing Academic Institution in Texas
Effective: January 2018
Job Detail: TTUHSC El Paso and The Hospitals of Providence (Tenet Healthcare) have collaborated in building a brand new, 130 bed teaching hospital and academic medical office building in El Paso. As part of this collaboration, we are establishing a number of new Departments and residency programs with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine.
The successful candidate in this position will be employed by TTUHSC El Paso at an academic rank commensurate with qualifications, and will be a key participant in the process of establishing a residency program in Internal Medicine. The candidate will provide inpatient and outpatient care, assists in curriculum delivery, supervise residents and provide teaching experiences for medical students from the school of medicine. They will participate in committees, and/or scholarly activities within the Department, Medical School and University.
The position requires:
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for an unrestricted medical License in the State of Texas
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship program
- Board eligible for certification by American Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiovascular Diseases
- Completion of an ACGME accredited residency in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board certification in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Interventional Cardiology Fellowship program
- Board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board certified in Interventional Cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine
As an EEO/AA employer , the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.