Palmetto Health USC Medical Group and the Department of Neurology are currently recruiting a Physiatrist. The Medical Group is located in Columbia, South Carolina. The Physiatrist can diagnosis and treat pain as a result of injury, illness or condition. The Physiatrist will collaboratively develop care plans with neuroscience and trauma physicians for patients with traumatic brain injury, stroke, brain tumors, spinal cord injuries and other neurological or neuromuscular disorders. The Physiatrist will be responsible for inpatient consults, outpatient clinic coverage and care to patients within our designated inpatient units. Palmetto Health is committed to offering the premier neuroscience and trauma services for the midlands of South Carolina through recruitment of the best and brightest physicians, investment in the most advanced equipment and technology, participation in cutting-edge research, and education of the next generation of physicians.
Palmetto Health is a level one trauma center with an expanding and highly skilled neuroscience service line. Out trauma center is designated by the American College of Surgeons as level one. Our stroke center is currently certified as a Primary Stroke Center. We plan to apply for Comprehensive Stroke Center certification in 2017. Both of these awards require the service of a physiatrist.
This is a full-time position split between inpatient and an outpatient clinic setting:
- 95% clinical
- 5% research related
Clinicians will provide clinical care for the following groups:
- PH-USC MG clinic population
- Patients at Palmetto Health (i.e. Baptist, Richland and Parkridge). Emphasis to be placed on neurosurgery, neurology and trauma patient population.
- Research time can be tailored to an individual’s interest within the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- MD or DO with state medical license or willingness to obtain state license
- Board certification by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR)
- ABPMR accredited residency program
- Additional advanced degree (MS, PhD) or complete fellowship training
- Acute care experience
- Clinical education and training with patients who are living with or recovering from neurological and traumatic conditions
- Subspecialty certifications in Brain Injury Medicine, Neuromuscular Medicine or Spinal Cord Injury
Academic appointments with the University of South Carolina’s School of Medicine will be evaluated on experience and scholarly activity.
Please email CV to Ayanna.Harris@palmettohealth.org