Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Opportunity in Wisconsin Rapids, WI - 49 Days Paid Time Off Per Year!
Nurse Practitioners in the VA have Full Practice Authority!
The Wisconsin Rapids Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) is actively recruiting for a full time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. You will be a psychiatric prescriber for Veterans, including medication management and clinical (psychiatric) management of veterans. You will maintain timely and comprehensive chart documentation to include progress notes, response to consults, and medication, admission, and discharge orders. You will be supported on the unit by a psychiatrist and medical PA/NP as well.
The Wisconsin Rapids area is located on the Wisconsin River in the heart of cranberry country. Our convenient location in central Wisconsin makes Wisconsin Rapids an ideal destination for living, working and engaging in recreation.
Here, you'll encounter an array of diverse industry, beautiful scenery and one-of-a-kind experiences, as well as restaurants and shops. Throughout the year, the Wisconsin Rapids area hosts a variety of festivals, races, art exhibitions, sporting competitions and other special events.
Regardless of how you choose to experience it, our area will provide you with an abundance of opportunities to live, work and play.
We hope you will take time to explore this exciting opportunity in our great city!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Competitive pay and guaranteed salary increases!
- Student loan repayment up to $120K possible!
- Hours: Includes some Saturdays with input into the rest of the week's schedule
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contract!
In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2015, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service