The Central Alabama Veterans Healthcare System (CAVHCS) located in Tuskegee, AL is searching for a BE/BC Geriatrician, Family Practice or Internal Medicine Physician to provide primary care to elderly veterans in Geriatric Primary Care with intermittent coverage of the New Horizon Community Living Center.
CAVHCS has a full spectrum of Geriatric services: 100 beds CLC, SCI Clinics, Geriatrics Primary Care, Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) and home care services. Physicians in Geriatrics, Extended Care and Rehabilitation (GEC&R) are independent care provider who is highly skilled in the management of a patient's primary care needs or sub specialty evaluation and treatment, he or she remains up to date with the latest medical treatments and procedures. CAVHCS places great emphasis on the delivery and continuity of G, EC&R.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Serves as Staff Physician with Geriatric Primary Services.
* Provide clinical coverage in outpatient GPC clinics and NHCLC.
* Serves as a key clinical resource for matters involving Geriatric services.
* Serves as Staff Physician with Spinal Cord Injury Services.
* Provides comprehensive care for our veteran population such as diagnosis, care and treatment of assigned patients.
* Orders lab test, x-rays, EKG's and other diagnostic procedures.
* Initiates or expedites requests for consults, special tests, or studies.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Salary Range : Up to $225,000 per year
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Preferred Experience: Extensive experience in Geriatric Primary Services
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice: VHA physician brochure