An opportunity exists for a full-time outpatient Hematology/Oncology physician at the Milo C. Huempfner Outpatient Clinic, located in Green Bay, WI. The Milo C. Huempfner Outpatient Clinic is a new 162,000 square foot VA primary care and multi-specialty clinic with over 300 staff located in Green Bay.
The successful candidate should be comfortable performing all aspects of adult hematology/oncology. All care will be provided in an outpatient setting only with no inpatient care responsibilities. Qualified candidates should be BE/BC in Hematology, Medical Oncology, or Hematology/Oncology. The selected candidate should demonstrate the ability to work well with a large, diverse and dedicated patient care staff.
Green Bay,Wisconsin, located in Brown County, has a population of 105,809 (2011). It is home to Lambeau Field, Green Bay Botanical Gardens, Bay Beach Amusement Park, New Zoo, Oneida Bingo and Casino, and a full array of restaurants, shopping, golf courses, parks, and more. Exceptional colleges, high schools, and middle/grade schools combined with a family-friendly community make Green Bay a great place to live.
- Competitive salary plus annual performance bonus
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Full benefits (see below) including traditional pension plan in addition to a 401K-type plan with up to 5% in employer contributions
- Signing Bonus is available
- Student loan repayment!
- Hours: Days - 8 am-4:30 pm, M-F
- NO CALL!
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME benefits: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement + possible 1 week paid authorized absence to attend
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Physician Employment Contract!
Whether you’re interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you’ll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you’ll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year! At end of career, unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service for retired pay purpose!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee’s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee’s salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2015, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service