Unique Gastroenterology Opportunity at Growing Texas Institution
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and Tenet Healthcare have collaborated and opened a new, 140 bed teaching hospital and academic Medical Office Building which will serve medical students and future resident physicians. As part of this collaboration, TTUHSC El Paso is establishing a number of new Departments and residency programs with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine (PLFSOM); based in Northwest El Paso.
The successful candidate in this position will be employed by TTUHSC El Paso at an academic rank of Assistant Professor or higher commensurate with qualifications, and will play a key role in the process of establishing a new residency program in Internal Medicine. The candidate will provide inpatient and outpatient care, provide teaching experiences for medical students and future resident physicians from the PLFSOM. The candidate will participate in committees, scholarly activities within the Department, Medical School and University.
The position requires:
- M.D. / D.O.
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Gastroenterology Fellowship Program
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Must be Board certified or board elegible at time of hire
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.