The Salem, Oregon Veterans Administration Community Based Outpatient Clinic is currently recruiting for a Primary Care Clinic Practice Manager. Being part of VA Portland Healthcare System that provides services to an integrated network of care facilities, and a distributed system of outpatient clinics and hospitals located throughout Oregon. The VAPORHCS is a 303-bed medical center providing primary care to local veterans, as well as a quaternary referral center for veterans in Oregon, southern Washington, and parts of Idaho. Last year 80,000 patients were treated in the VA Portland Healthcare system.
The Clinic Practice Manager will provide management and leadership of interdisciplinary patient care services within the Primary Care setting, this position is 60% administration/management and 40% clinical (direct patient care). The Clinic Practice Manager will be responsible with the Nurse Operations Manager for the daily operations of the assigned practice group. The incumbent will be the first-line supervisor for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants within that practice group.
Scope of practice will be within the Primary Care Division, providing leadership and guidance across the Primary Care Division. The incumbent will demonstrate a high level of flexibility and commitment to meet the needs of a complex evolving patient care system, and act as a change agent within the Primary Care Group Practice. The incumbent will advocate for quality patient care.
Candidates must be board certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine, and have demonstrated leadership and have administrative capabilities. Must be strongly motivated in promoting appropriate staff education and development programs, and demonstrate a commitment to professional enrichment, merit promotion, equal employment opportunity and positive labor relations, resident teaching and faculty development.
- Practice evidence based medicine without the hassles of high malpractice premiums and associated overhead costs!
- Typical work week is 40 hours, Monday-Friday schedule
- BASIC REQUIREMENTS: You must be a US citizen and hold an unrestricted medical license from any state, territory or commonwealth of the United States.
- Fully integrated state of the art Integrated Electronic Medical Records (EMR) network with centralized patient registration and billing.
- Our physicians enjoy a competitive salary that is determined by a Physician Compensation Panel based on Qualifications, Education and Commensurate with Experience.
- Physicians earn 26 of paid annual leave (vacation) starting their first year and may accumulate up to 86 days. Also earn 13 days of sick leave each year (unlimited accumulation) and in addition enjoy 10 federal holidays with pay each year.
- The VHA offers an attractive comprehensive Federal Benefits Package that includes: full malpractice, life insurance, health (portable for life after 5 years), thrift savings plan (401K) with employer matching, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System which has a Defined Benefit Plan “Pension” vested after 5 years, CME, an unmatched work/life balance, and much more!
- A Relocation/Recruitment Incentive may be authorized
- Participation in the VA Education and Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) may be available for Physicians with student loan balances.
Salem, Oregon the state’s beautiful Capital with all four seasons can be enjoyed with a temperate climate an average highs of 80 degrees and lows of only 33.5 degrees
Variety of amenities nearby - golfing, shopping, fishing, sporting events, skiing, theaters
International airport close by in Eugene and Salem
Parochial and public schools - 19:1 student to teacher ratio
Affordable housing where the median home price is only $238,700
No state sales tax & low property taxes
Within the area, you’ll find natural wonders lovingly preserved, rich cultural diversity and plenty of family-friendly activities. You’ll find a fascinating mix of old and new, while the two-county area, is a place where you can walk behind a waterfall, hike through an old-growth forest, discover an award-winning winery or two, and savor the fragrance of spectacular gardens.
If you would be interested in exploring a practice in the VHA, please feel free to E-mail your CV and any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to contact me, and it would be my pleasure to assist you.
For more information and consideration, contact Hank Laguatan, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, today!