The Baltimore VA Medical Center is committed to serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
VA Maryland (Baltimore) Health Care Systems seeks
Chief of Employee and Occupational Health
1 license/50 States- 49 days paid time off annually! No Insurance Company’s or Overhead to Deal With. Practice Pure Medicine
As a VA Physician your opportunities are endless!
The VA Maryland Health Care System, centered at the Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center is seeking a Chief of Employee and Occupational Health. The Occupational Health Section is comprised of a team of physicians, P.A., and support staff to oversee the VA staff employees regarding workplace injuries; pre-employment examinations; medical reviews; and occupational medicine. This opportunity is a 50/50 administrative/clinical role. Some duties include the following:
- Participates effectively in team meetings & treatment planning conferences, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Perform basic clinical skills required for direct patient care to evaluate, diagnose, consult, and provide basic treatment.
- Collaborates effectively with employer and employee in an effort to maintain the stay at work and return to work process.
- Evaluates Fit for Duty to ensure employee's current capabilities match or exceed the physical, psychological, cognitive, and social demands of the specific tasks.
- Evaluates occupational risk, on-going workplace hazards, unusual working environments, delays in recovery of function, or questions of potential risk to the public.
Offers an academic appointment – Supervise and teach residents from Johns Hopkins and the University of Maryland.
Ideal Candidate: Experienced and board certified, American Board of Occupational and Environmental Medicine with a strong interest in providing leadership and strategic direction, while maintaining a robust resident educational program at the Baltimore VA Medical Center (VAMC).
- Full and unrestricted MD/DO license (from any state)
- B.C. – American Board of Occupational and Environmental Medicine Physician
As a modern health care facility, the Baltimore VA Medical Center offers Veterans state-of-the-art technology and clinical services. The Baltimore VA Medical Center is the acute medical and surgical care facility for the VA Maryland Health Care System and offers a full range of inpatient, outpatient and primary care services. The Baltimore VA Medical Center is located in a vibrant city neighborhood on the campus of the University of Maryland at Baltimore and is within walking distance of Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium (home of the Baltimore Ravens), Lexington Market and the Inner Harbor.
Interested: Please submit a cover letter describing interest and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 26 days paid annual vacation/personal leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- 13 days of wellness leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- Liability Protection
- Life, health, long term care insurance and retirement benefits
- Direct Federal membership to the AMA without dues
Having one of the largest funded research and development programs in the VA system enhances the medical center’s ability to provide state-of-the-art medical techniques and treatments to Maryland’s Veterans.
The medical center is also home to the following specialized clinical and research centers:
Epilepsy Center of Excellence
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center
Maryland Exercise and Robotics Center of Excellence
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center of Excellence