The Atlanta, GA VA Medical Center is searching for a BE/BC Family Practice/Internal Medicine Physician to join their dynamic healthcare team.
The openings are located at their Blairsville, Carrollton and Rome, GA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOCs) .
* The Primary Care Physician provides primary medical care and is responsible for all aspects of patient care
* Physician is responsible for referrals to specialists, ordering and or performing procedures, ordering and monitoring all medications as well as handling the acute needs of all their patients
* The physician is accountable for ensuring the most cost effective delivery of care and meeting or exceeding established care quality standards
* The VA Healthcare System uses a comprehensive electronic medical record and is dedicated to providing primary medical care via a patient-centered medical home model
* Physician will be assigned a patient panel of 1000-1200 patients
* Physician will average 12-15 patients daily
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
Salary Range: Up to $225,000 per year
A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized
Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for student loan repayment thru the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
Citizenship: Citizen of the United States: (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens)
Licensure: Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia
Education: Must have a degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
Physical Standards: All applicants must meet the physical requirements established for this position
Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit http://www4.va.gov/JOBS/Job_Benefits/benefits.asp .