The Ralph Johnson VA Medical Center located in Charleston, SC is searching for 2 BE/BC General Psychiatrists to join their dynamic healthcare team.
The positions are located at the Hinesville, GA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC).
The employee serves as a psychiatrist at the Hinesville Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Hinesville, GA. Employee provides comprehensive clinical services to Veterans and their families within the Clinic. The employee will perform general psychiatric assessment and treatment in a multi-disciplinary setting composed of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and peer-support specialists.
Therapeutic and clinical services associated with this position will include medication management, treatment planning, and other specialized services as needed. The employee will work closely with his/her colleagues to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art mental health care.
Preferred Qualifications: Expertise in medication management. Addictions experience such as suboxone prescribing
Work Schedule: 8:00AM - 4:30PM, Monday through Friday
Salary Range: Up to $240,000 per year
Recruitment/Relocation incentive MAY BE authorized for exceptionally well qualified candidates
Selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment thru the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- All applicants must meet the physical requirements established for this position