The Boise VA Medical Center seeks to hire a full-time board certified/eligible outpatient psychiatrist. Ideal candidates would join our collegial staff in embracing compassionate care, clinical excellence, teamwork, and enthusiasm for teaching. In addition to managing an outpatient caseload, responsibilities may include participation in team-based multidisciplinary outpatient care, and consultation to Behavioral Health, Primary Care, other clinical programs in the Boise VA Healthcare system, community agencies who provide care to our veterans, and other clinicians within VISN 20 with whom we have established relationships for providing care for our veterans. The physician will work primarily in one or more Behavioral Health programs on the main campus at the Boise VA Medical Center. Some work may include service to outlying clinics and/or Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) associated with the Boise VA Medical Center. The physician may participate in tele-psychiatry care to veterans in underserved areas. Clinical supervision and training of medical students and psychiatry residents associated with the University of Washington School of Medicine’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences (UW) is an integral part of the physician’s responsibilities. As such, the physician may be required to maintain a faculty appointment with the UW. The physician will need to be an effective communicator and team-player who collaborates with multiple disciplines within behavioral health and medical/surgical specialties. On-call duties are approximately 1 in 10. The incumbent will participate in professional, clinical, and administrative activities as assigned.
The BVAMC’s primary service area has a radius of approximately 160 miles with an estimated veteran population of 94,000, with over 150,000 out-patient visit and 10,000 hospital admissions annually. It also operates three Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Caldwell, Salmon, and Twin Falls, Idaho with an extension clinic in Burns, Oregon.
This position is for a staff psychiatrist position and not an administrative/leadership position.
- Practice evidence based medicine without the hassles of high malpractice premiums and associated overhead costs!
- Typical work week is 40 hours, Monday-Friday schedule
- BASIC REQUIREMENTS: You must be a US citizen and hold an unrestricted medical license from any state, territory or commonwealth of the United States.
- Fully integrated state of the art Integrated Electronic Medical Records (EMR) network with centralized patient registration and billing.
- Our physicians enjoy a competitive salary that is determined by a Physician Compensation Panel based on Qualifications, Education and Commensurate with Experience.
- Physicians earn 26 days of paid annual leave (vacation) starting their first year and may accumulate up to 86 days. Also, earn 13 days of sick leave each year (unlimited accumulation) and in addition enjoy 10 federal holidays with pay each year.
- Paid time off (Authorized Absence) may be available for at least 5 days annually for continuing medical education (CME) training.
- The VHA offers an attractive comprehensive Federal Benefits Package that includes: full malpractice, life insurance, health (portable for life after 5 years), thrift savings plan (401K) with employer matching, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System which has a Defined Benefit Plan “Pension” vested after 5 years, CME, an unmatched work/life balance, and much more!
- A Relocation/Recruitment Incentive may be authorized
- Participation in the VA Education and Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) may be available for Physicians with student loan balances.
If you would be interested in exploring a practice in the VHA, please feel free to E-mail your CV and any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to contact me, it would be my pleasure to assist you and explore our Physician benefits by clicking on the links below:
Boise is the state capital and largest city in the state of Idaho; it is part of Ada County which has a population of over 400,000 and is the third most populous city in the Pacific Northwest. It is home to Boise State University, the state’s largest university.
Boise frequently turns up on the list of one of the best and most secure places to live in the U.S. Located along the Boise River, our city offers big-city amenities, world class arts & culture, a lively music scene, breath-taking scenery and endless opportunities for year-round outdoor recreation.
For more information and consideration, contact Hank Laguatan, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, today!